If you’re interested in root and custom recovery, as well as being able to manually install updates using the sideload command, the ADB and Fastboot tools are extremely useful. Learn how to download and install adb and fastboot on Windows, as well as how to utilize them without installing them systemwide.
What is ADB?
ADB is an abbreviation for Android Debug Bridge. It works while the device is turned on and in the OS or Recovery mode. The program allows you to transmit basic Linux commands as well as a number of Android-specific instructions from your PC to your connected Android devices.
What is Fastboot?
Fastboot is a more capable tool than ADB, however, it only works in bootloader/fastboot mode. It allows you to re-flash system partitions on your Android smartphone and requires an unlocked bootloader. It’s especially handy if you want to manually update your device or if you unintentionally soft-brick your device and need to install a clean stock system image.
However, configuring ADB and Fastboot on a Windows computer may be challenging. However, thanks to XDA member Snoop05, who has created a tiny application that can rapidly install both ADB and Fastboot files on your PC (system-wide), along with the necessary drivers. Downloads and installation instructions are provided below.
Download ADB and Fastboot tool
You can download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool 15 seconds Installer from the below download link.
No new edition is available for the 15-second ADB installer. We suggest that the 15 second ADB installer not be used on new devices.
How to Install ADB and Fastboot on windows
You can download and install either 15 seconds Installer or Minimal ADB Fastboot tool. Well, we recommend using the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
Method 1: Install ADB and Fastboot using 15 seconds ADB Installer
- To begin, get the ADB Installer setup file from the above download links. It not only installs ADB, but it also runs fastboot and USB drivers in about 15 seconds.
- First, run the adb-setup.exe file.
- Now, you need to respond with YES (Y) or NO (N). Type ‘Y’ if you want to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
- Once again, type ‘Y’ to install the device driver. This may take a few seconds to install the device drivers, and after that, the command window will automatically close.
- Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed ADB and fastboot on your Windows PC.
Method 2: Install ADB and Fastboot using Minimal ADB Installer
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool exe installer package.
- Start the installation by double-clicking it.
- If a new window pops up to grant the permission, confirm by YES or Run.
4. Click the Next button to confirm one by one.
5. Now tap on Finish to complete the process.
6. If you have already selected the tick mark to launch minimal ADB and fastboot
7. You will see this screen to start the command.